COVID – 19
COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program: Applications Begin July 13
The Government of Ontario is making $9 million available to support residential customers struggling to pay their energy bills because of COVID-19. The COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) provides a one-time, on-bill credit to eligible residential electricity and natural gas customers to help them catch up on their energy bills and resume regular payments.
Electricity and natural gas utilities and unit sub-meter providers (USMPs) will begin accepting applications for CEAP on July 13, 2020, delivering the program in accordance with rules laid out by the OEB. CEAP funding is limited, with utilities and USMPs expected to process applications in the order in which they are received. Please note, submitting an application does not guarantee funding. To apply for CEAP funding, customers should contact their utility or USMP directly.
For more information, including eligibility requirements and on-bill credit amounts, visit oeb.ca/ceap.
Please see links below for COVID-19 Updates;
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit Updates: https://www.tbdhu.com/coronavirus
- Self Assessment Link: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q0
- How to Self Monitor for COVID-19
- Know the Difference of When to Isolate Yourself for COVID-19
- Corona Virus Testing
- O’Connor Township Covid-19 Public Notice
The Township of O’Connor would like to encourage all residents to read and follow the information from trusted sources provided below. As the world faces the COVID-19 pandemic, we strongly urge people not to panic, but rather take proper precautions given by the World Health Organization (WHO), Thunder Bay District Health Unit, Public Health Agency of Canada, Provincial and Federal Governments to prevent and protect you and your families from exposure to the virus. Please see websites below.
- Contact the Government of Canada for COVID-19 information at 1-833-784-4397 (Interpretation services are available in multiple languages)
Help for Those in Need during COVID-19 Pandemic
Please call the Township office at 476-1451 if you are self-isolating or practicing social distancing and are not able or not wanting to go out. The Township has a list of wonderful residents of the Township that have offered to help those in need. If you wish to add your name to the list of volunteers, call and we will add your name. Neighbours helping neighbours. Truly country living at its best!
Other resources are:
- 211 – Phone or google 211 and ask or use their search feature to discover a list of service providers in the Thunder Bay area.
- St. John’s Ambulance, 345-1712 – Contact for information regarding volunteer opportunities and services.
- Pharmacies – Contact your pharmacy to inquire if they provide prescription delivery, or to have it prepared in advance for quick pick-up (and possibly if there are groceries they can add to the list).
- Driving Miss Daisy, 630-0890 – Delivery service for groceries or prescriptions. Call for more information.
- Superstore – Shop online and pick up your groceries without entering the store. See website at https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/
- Walmart – Shop online and pick up your groceries at Customer Service. See website at www.walmart.ca