Disposal Site - Winter Hours
Effective September 1st until March 31st
Tuesdays - 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturdays - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please ensure you have your disposal site permit when visiting the site.
Receipt of payment for freon items must be paid in advance at the Township Office prior to disposal. Please visit the Disposal Site page for more information.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
View our calendar for upcoming events and activities in O'Connor Township.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
Please note that Council meetings are now available to join online. Please visit the Council page to access the meeting link. Council welcome your involvement and interest in Council meetings.
Property Tax Payments
Payments to the Township of O'Connor can be made using any of the following methods:
- Internet Banking
- Telephone Banking
- Through your banking institution
- e-Transfer (email password to firstname.lastname@example.org)
For details on these payment methods, please go to the Property Taxes page under the Municipal Office heading this website. For all other payments, please visit our Municipal Office page.
Welcome to the O'Connor Website
The O'Connor Outdoor Rink - Closed for the season
The warm temperatures this past week have unfortunately taken a toll on the ice. We had a great Family Skate on Friday, February 16th but unfortunately the rink will now be closed for the season. Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers who continued to keep it going as long as possible. We hope that everyone enjoyed themselves this year and hope to see you again next season.
Councillor Bishop Racicot
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Councillor Bishop Racicot on Saturday, December 30, 2023. He was one of a kind and brought so much to the Township of O'Connor during his term on Council. Councillor Racicot was first elected in 1998. He served on many Boards during his term, including the Thunder Bay District Municipal League and the Lakehead Rural Planning Board. He will be missed by Council and Staff, friends and neighbours from the Township of O'Connor. Council and Staff would like to extend their condolences to the family. A Celebration of Life will be held at a later date. To see his full obituary please go to "everestofthunderbay.com"
PAYMENTS: Please do not attempt to pay your property taxes via E-Transfer at this time. The payments are not being deposited into the Township's account. Please contact the Township Office for other payment options. If you have made a payment using this method since October 17, 2023, please contact the office at (807) 476-1451.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
IMPORTANT DATES & EVENTS:
- Monday 11th - Council Meeting 7 p.m. in Council Chambers
- Monday 25th - Public Meeting 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers to discuss increase in Building Permit fees for the Township of O'Connor
- Monday 25th - Council Meeting 7 p.m. in Council Chambers
- Monday 29th - Township Office closed for Good Friday
- Monday April 1st - Township office closed for Easter Monday
- Monday April 8th - Fire Department Budget Meeting 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers
- Monday April 8th - Council Meeting 7 p.m. in Council Chambers
- Monday April 22nd - Road Department Budget Meeting 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers
- Monday April 22nd - Council Meeting 7 p.m. in Council Chambers
See this month's issue of the Cornerstone for more details.